Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Connection Profile Not Working
abhijitKol
<p>Hi,</p>
<p>I have created one connection Profile(<strong>connection.xml</strong>) with DEV environment credentials. I have built some reports using the said connection profile. Before deploying the reports in PROD environment,I have changed the DB credentials in <strong>connection.xml</strong> file and deploy the reports in PROD..</p>
<p>Still I have found that the reports are still pointing to DEV DB. In XML source of the report,I have found that the report is pointing to DEV DB,though I have changed connection details in connection.xml file</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please help me..Thanks in advance..</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It should use the modified information from the connection profile that has been edited. The hard coded values in the XML of the report design are used as a fallback and are not preferred to the values stored within the connection profile.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If the values are being used from the report design's XML and not from the connection profile, this indicates the connection profile cannot be located in the deployment properly.</p>