Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Bubble chart coloring
jyothsna.tummala
<p><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Hi again, Here is another kind of question about charts : bubble chart. I am building a bubble chart and I wish to assign a color according to a value of my dataset which is not in the chart. I suppose that I have to use code in order to realize it (Cf. attachment : screenshot) On the screenshot the result that I wish : assign a special color to the area. Any idea to implement this for HTML5 Charts in iHub3? Thank you.</span></p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Take a look a this previous thread on changing color in an HTML5 bubble chart: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/36024-bubble-chart/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/36024-bubble-chart/</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>I've attached a sample and included the code used to modify the colors of the bubble chart in the previous post.</p>
jyothsna.tummala
<p>Hi JFreeman,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you for the quick reply.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The thread that you have shared is used to modify the color of the bubble based on the field we have used in the chart.But my question is</p>
<p>**Can we change the color of the bubble based on the field which is not used in the chart and taken from dataset.</p>
<p>** Can we label the bubble with the field taken from dataset which is not used in chart.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want the ways to implement this in html5 charts in iHub3.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any help would be highly appreciated.</p>
JFreeman
<p>Take a look at the code and example from my previous post on HTML5 chart scripting you replied on earlier. I have attached the example report that contains this code: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/35973-html5-chart-scripting-functions/?p=135999'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/35973-html5-chart-scripting-functions/?p=135999</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>The example should demonstrate everything you need to know other than it isn't getting the values from the data set, it is just using a hard coded string in the persistent global variable.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For your use case, you will just need to move the portion where I set the PGV to a static string from the current location in the expression builder for the category series to your data set and pass it your desired values. You could do this in the onFetch of your data set or you could use it in a computed column to get the data set values.</p>