Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Sorting computed column list
ramyaswamin
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a rptdesign file where I'm creating some computed columns for users to pick from. I have this in my code:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>computedSet = table.getColumnBindings( );</p>
<p> </p>
<div>for ( var i =0; i < numOfColumns ; i++)</div>
<div>{</div>
<div> ... loop through the columns one by one and create computed column</div>
<div>cs = StructureFactory.createComputedColumn( ); </div>
<div> </div>
<div>}</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Sorry. Maybe I'm missing something. What is your question?
ramyaswamin
<p>Here is my question:</p>
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a rptdesign file where I'm creating some computed columns for users to pick from. I have this in my code:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>computedSet = table.getColumnBindings( );</p>
<p> </p>
<div>for ( var i =0; i < numOfColumns ; i++)</div>
<div>{</div>
<div> ... loop through the columns one by one and create computed column</div>
<div>cs = StructureFactory.createComputedColumn( ); </div>
<div>.</div>
<div>.</div>
<div>.</div>
<div>.</div>
<div>.</div>
<div> computedSet.addItem(cs);</div>
<div>}</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Is there a way to programatically sort the items in a list when adding a computed column? Like "computedSet.sort();"????</div>
<div> </div>
<div>How would I do it? </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Thanks,<br>
Ramya</div>
mwilliams
So, you want to sort the entire table by this column, correct? Could you provide a simple example showing what you have currently?