Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Flipping a Text Object 90 Degrees
lenburt
<p>Hello out there -- we are replacing a legacy letter printing solution with BIRT generated letters. Currently there is a requirement to have a barcode imprinted on the far left margin of every other sheet of a letter. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have been able to get the barcode font and can generate it fine but it flows left to right (horizontal) across the page. I need to be able to rotate it 90 degrees so it is vertical relative to the text of the letter. I did not see any options in the property edition to do this but there are a lot of advanced options which i have not really understood to-date. Is there an easy solution to this?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thx, len</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Matthew L.
<p>Installing this plug-in allows you to rotate text in BIRT:</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/birt-controls-lib/'>https://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/birt-controls-lib/</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>After installing the plug-in, use the rotated text element instead of the standard element and apply the barcode font to it.</p>
<p>This should generate the result you are looking for.</p>
lenburt
<p>Thanks Matthew - sorry being an idiot, but i have not installed Eclipse plugins before....i tried putting the jar in both the 'dropins' directory and also the 'plugin' directory an i expected to see a new widget in the Pallette after restarting eclipse with -clean. Am i missing something? I am using Eclipse / BIRT 4.2.2. -- len</p>
Matthew L.
<p>No worries, I have some easy steps for adding this plug-in.</p>
<p>First, lets remove the plug-in jars you added to your environment to make sure we do not have a conflict.</p>
<p>(Files are: birt.controls.lib.ui_2.5.2.1.jar, birt.controls.lib_2.5.2.1.jar )</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Then we can install the jars fresh to the designer:</p>
<p>Download location: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/birt-controls-lib/downloads/list'>http://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/birt-controls-lib/downloads/list</a><br>
;
Download the 2 following files:</p>
<p>birt.controls.lib.ui_2.5.2.1.jar<br>
birt.controls.lib_2.5.2.1.jar<br><br><br>
Copy the 2 jar files to the following locations for BIRT (and/or iServer) then restart:<br>
For OS/Pro BIRT Designer, copy the 2 jar files to: <BIRT_HOME>\eclipse\plugins\<br>
For an Actuate iServer, copy the 2 jar files to: <AC_SERVER_HOME>\Jar\BIRT\platform\plugins</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've also attached some images of which files to download and what you should see when you start up the designer after copying the 2 jar files to \eclipse\plugins\</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also if you needed to use the API calls against this plug-in, I have an example here as well:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-js">
elementFactory = reportContext.getReportRunnable().designHandle.getElementFactory();
rotatedText=elementFactory.newExtendedItem("ex1", "RotatedText");
rotatedText.setProperty("rotationAngle", "90");
rotatedText.setProperty("text", "\"Test\"");
rotatedText.setProperty("wrapPoint", "0in");
rotatedText.setProperty("linkURL", "\"Google.com\"");
rotatedText.setProperty("fontFamily", "sans-serif");
rotatedText.setProperty("fontSize", "30pt");
rotatedText.setProperty("fontStyle", "italic"); //Options: "normal" or "italic"
rotatedText.setProperty("fontWeight", "bold"); //Options: "normal" or "bold"
rotatedText.setProperty("color", "#FF0000");
</pre>
lenburt
<p>Excellent - that works nicely !...thanks for your help.</p>
Matthew L.
<p>No problem, glad I could help out.</p>