Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Internationalization of Parameter Window and Report Title
sibeee
<p>Hi</p>
<p> I am working on internationalization of Birt Reports. I am also migrating from version 2.2.1 to 4.4.2. I am able to localize the contents of the Parameter window except for the default value option for a parameter. We are providing a radio button option where the user can decide whether to enter a value or choose Null Value which indicates to consider all the values. (I am attaching a report and parameter window screenshot for better understanding.) Could you please suggest how I can internationalize the Null Value (default value) parameter as well?</p>
<p> </p>
<p> Also I have another issue. Even though I manually added key to the report title, the title is not getting internationalized. Please help.</p>
<p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>For the default value it is easy. You use a script in the default value like this (see attached design):</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
reportContext.getMessage("welcome",reportContext.getLocale());</pre>
<p>For the title it is more difficult as that is actually built in to the viewer. What you need to do is modify FramesetFragment.jsp to wrap the title in a div with an ID. In a text element in the report, get a handle on the element and change the value using similar code as above.</p>
sibeee
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="136111" data-time="1431398531">
<div>
<p>For the default value it is easy. You use a script in the default value like this (see attached design):</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
reportContext.getMessage("welcome",reportContext.getLocale());</pre>
<p>For the title it is more difficult as that is actually built in to the viewer. What you need to do is modify FramesetFragment.jsp to wrap the title in a div with an ID. In a text element in the report, get a handle on the element and change the value using similar code as above.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>Hi Mica</p>
<p> Thank you so much for your response. I still have an issue with the parameter localization. I think I was misleading by mentioning default parameter "value". What I actually wanted to internationalize is the title of the default parameter(Please see the screenshot, the title "Null Value" is what in want to localize). Is there a way I can do it?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks Again</p>
<p>Sibi</p>
<p>
micajblock
<p>I think that is part of the viewer not the report. The OS Viewer code is not my area of expertise.</p>
sibeee
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="136122" data-time="1431435485">
<div>
<p>I think that is part of the viewer not the report. The OS Viewer code is not my area of expertise.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<p>No problem. Thank you. I will experiment on that and try to figure out if something can be done.</p>