Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Benefits & Drawbacks
Katieee
<p>Can anyone tell me what the benefits or even drawbacks would of be:<br><br>
Putting Tomcat on an ibm i to run BIRT viewer</p>
<p><strong>or</strong></p>
<p>Putting BIRT viewer straight on ibm i </p>
<p>
Is one method better than the other?<br><br>
background info - <br>
(I'm wanting to be able to display the report through html output in my web app using the URL)</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Take a look at this list for application server software from IBM for an IBM i instance: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/swlisting/web.html'>http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/i/swlisting/web.html</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>It may make the most sense to use one of these, such as WebSphere, in a IBM environment rather than tomcat depending on licensing, etc.</p>
Katieee
<p>Hi Jesse,<br><br>
Yeah thanks for the link i'll check it out - I was using Tomcat purely because I knew it was free and a lot of people had used it so should I need to ask any questions on it, it would be more likely people would understand
<br><br>
Thanks,<br>
Kate </p>
JFreeman
<p>That will be one of the benefits of tomcat.</p>
<p>Websphere is also a fairly comment deployment and I believe you can get Support/Maintenance for it directly from IBM.</p>