Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
XMLto PDF
spradip2003
<p>Hi All, I am doing XML to PDF and having few issues</p>
<p>1)In XML I recieve three different Tags called as firstname,lastname and Middlename, So On Computed columns I did row["firsname"]+row["middlename"]+row["lastname"],this is working when I have all three tags in xml, If Dont get Middlename tag ,In report it was displaying as <strong>firstname lastname null,</strong> how can I avoid the situation</p>
<p>2)I have repeating groups called address,it has addresstype, address,state,zip, So I create table,,on header part i have the column name and on detail I have dataset. If I don't get address tag, it still displays Header Names in report, i don't want that actually.. How can i avoid</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Matthew L.
<p>For the null issue you can use a ternary operator to suppress the 'null':</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-js">
row["firstname"] + " " + ( row["middlename"] ? row["middlename"] + " " : "" ) + row["lastname"]; //ternary: ( if middlename exists ? show middlename + space : else show nothing )
</pre>
<p>For the second question, are you trying to hide the group header row or the table header row?</p>
<p>Or could you provide a mocked up screenshot of what you are wanting to accomplish along with a sample design we can modify to return the results you are looking for?</p>