Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to create vertical orientation for table (dont want to use crosstab)
Mani Kandan
<p>I would like to create a table that should be vertical orientation, that means each resultset row should filled from left to right..</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can i achieve this without using crosstab?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Matthew L.
<p>The only way that I know of is to build the table dynamically using the API.</p>
<p>This can be a lot of coding depending on your report requirements.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>However, if you can pivot the data in the database query response (data set query), then you can use a dynamically built standard table to display the results, this will save you a lot of report specific custom coding.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For a simple standard table built using the API, you can see an example here:</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/24254-creating-column-dynamically/?p=132987'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/24254-creating-column-dynamically/?p=132987</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>If you would like an example that doesn't rely on pivoting the data in the database, I could also create an example for you.</p>
micajblock
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Matthew L." data-cid="136180" data-time="1431617298">
<div>
<p>The only way that I know of is to build the table dynamically using the API.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>Matthew, this is not entirely correct, you can use Display=Inline, like this example:</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/1098-simple-printed-label-report/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/1098-simple-printed-label-report/</a></p>
;