Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to remove the repeating entries in nested table
pspravin
<p>I have two datasets:</p>
<p>Dataset1: with the columns "WI_ID, STATE_NAME, CHANGE_DATE,DAYS_IN_STATE,FROM_STATE_NAME,TO_STATE_NAME"</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Dataset2: with the columns "WI_ID,SUMMARY,CREATION_DATE,CREATOR_NAME,WI_TYPE"</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I added new table in WI_State.rptdesign.</p>
<p>Added "WI_ID" and "SUMMARY" from Dataset2 in first and second columns. In third column I dragged Dataset1 with ""WI_ID, STATE_NAME, CHANGE_DATE" fields.</p>
<p>Now, when I run the report, I see the inner table repeating the values.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>I want the result like:</strong> for each WI_ID in the outer column, only the states and change_dates related to it should show up in inner table.</p>
<p>Please see the attached image for the output I am seeing currently.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please let me know how to fix this...</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p>Can you attach a sample report with a flat file data source that simulates your data and reproduces the issue?</p>
pspravin
<p>BIRT 2.6</p>
<p>RTCv5.0.2</p>
<p>Please find the .rpt file attached. Also attached is the rptconfig in zip format.</p>
<p> </p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JFreeman" data-cid="136202" data-time="1431699912">
<div>
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p>Can you attach a sample report with a flat file data source that simulates your data and reproduces the issue?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
<br><p> </p>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JFreeman" data-cid="136202" data-time="1431699912">
<div>
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p>Can you attach a sample report with a flat file data source that simulates your data and reproduces the issue?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p> </p>
JFreeman
<p>I do not see any nested tables or grouping in the report that you have attached like there is in your screenshot.</p>
<p>Are you sure this is the correct report? What am I missing?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I also do not have access to an RTC environment which means there are aspects of this report that will not work in my environment.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you reproduce the issue you are describing with sample report that uses a flat file for a data source in a BIRT designer that is not specific for the RTC environment?</p>