Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
All BIRT reports Failing to run
cjm13905
<p>We are at BIRT 3.7.2</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We don't develop much with BIRT anymore, but we have run into 2 problems.</p>
<p>1.) All BIRT reports in Maximo export to excel file, but fail to open in excel due to corrupt file. This just</p>
<p>started happening with no know updates to BIRT or Maximo.</p>
<p>2.) Because of error 1 I opened up BIRT to edit and test a report, and they open fine, but when I run any</p>
<p>report, I get the errors below:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>See attachment for the error</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
Here are the first few lines of the error, and the entire error is in the attachment:<br><br><br><strong>ReportDesign (id = 1):<br>
+ There are errors evaluating script "importPackage(Packages.com.ibm.tivoli.maximo.report.script);<br><br>
mxReportScriptContext = MXReportScriptContext.initialize(reportContext);<br><br>
mxReportScriptContext.setDefaultLogLevel("DEBUG");<br>
mxReportScriptContext.setDefaultLogFile("C:/BIRT/eclipse/logs/BU_capital_detail.txt");<br><br><br>
scriptLogger = mxReportScriptContext.getReportScriptLogger();</strong><br>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for any help.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>
</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>I'm not extensively familiar with Maixmo however, the errors you are getting in the designer look to be related to not being able to find the Maximo classes used in the scripting.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You will need to make sure the Maximo jar is available to the report design when running it from the designer.</p>
micajblock
<p>Download the report developer guide for your version of Maximo and follow precisely the instructions for including the Maximo script classes then you will be able to run the reports.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.S. Something obviously has changed otherwise it would not stop working. Finding what changed would be the key.</p>
cjm13905
<p>Thank you.</p>
<p>Two months ago we converted from maximo 7.5 to 7.5.0.7.</p>
<p>Why this issue popped up now I don't know. I copied the classes for 7.5.07 into my BIRT environment.</p>
<p>
Thank you all</p>
micajblock
<p>If you are getting these errors most likely the Maximo classes and/or property files are not setup correctly.</p>