Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Display data first down and then across
ushank
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">Hi,</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">I’m trying to display BIRT report Data (only one field) first vertically till the page ends and then it should continue in the next column of the same page. For example as </span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">A E I</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">B F J</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">C G</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">D H</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">By using list element I’m able to get the data in horizontal first and then vertically like…</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">A B C D</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">E F G H</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">I J</span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:calibri;">But I need the data to be displayed in the report as first example. Can this be done using List element? Please let me know how to do this. Appreciate your help.</span></span></p>
Find more posts tagged with
Down
Comments
JFreeman
<p>I'm not sure a list element is going to do what you are wanting.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You could look at using computed columns to meet this requirement.</p>
<p>You could do some math within the computed columns to split the single column into separate columns based on the desired number of columns and rows per page.</p>