<p>I am using BIRT 3.7.1 and would like to programmatically set the value of two chart components using JavaScript: 1) the value of the Y-axis marker line; and 2) the Y-axis max scale.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As an example of using the chart simple API, I can put the following code in the beforeFactory event and it will work correctly. But I cannot find a way to set the component values.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>var chart1 = this.getReportElement("chart1");<br>
chart1.setColorByCategory(true);<br>
chart1.getTitle().getCaption().setValue( "My New Title" );<br>
chart1.getCategory().setSorting( "Descending" );</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This is a link to the BIRT Chart Simple API Specification v 2.3.0 for Eclipse Indigo at <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.birt.chart.doc.isv/chart/api/index.html'>http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.birt.chart.doc.isv/chart/api/index.html</a></p>
<p>
The Chart Simple API specification mentions the IChartComponent interface, which has an IMarkerLine subinterface. So it appears to be possible.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If possible, please provide code samples and a sample report of how to programmatically modify the aforementioned chart component values. And please instruct where the code belongs (for instance, in the beforeFactory event?).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you</p>