Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Question on Date Formatting
myusuf
<p>Hiii again Folks,</p>
<p>I got an issue here. I have a Report in which I have a Report Parameter(RP_FromDate) as Input to the Query. I am also displaying this Input Parameter Value in the Report in a Grid. The Issue is I need this Parameter Date to be displayed in a specified Date Format in the Grid. Presently the Date Value whatever we give to this input parameter is getting displayed. For Example, if I give the Input parameter Date Value as '19-05-2015', the column in Grid shows '19-05-2015'. But I want like, in whatever format we give this RP_FromDate parameter, I should get the Date Column of Grid in specified date format that i give (e.g. 19-May-2015). I tried the Formatter function, but of no use.</p>
<p>Please give me a solution to this asap.</p>
<p>Thanks in advance.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rajkishore
<p>if it is date column then in properties you can use "format date time" to format date. use format code as "dd-MMM-yyyy". if not could you replicate this issue in sample report and attach and also mention the version of BIRT that you are using.</p>
myusuf
<p>I tried that Format Date Time option in the properties. But didnt work.<br>
I am attaching a sample design file
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You defined the Report Parameter and the Data item both as String. In order for the date format to apply properly, you need to apply a Date data type to the parameters and the data item.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
myusuf
<p>Thanks P. We have to specify the format explicitly in the in the input Parameter window. It worked for me. Thanks again.
</p>