Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
List Multiple values in Detail row instead of column
Bordihn
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would like to format my Detail Row within a table, so that the values from the dataSetRow are listed in one row instead of listed among themselves in the column. The following example shows a simple Cost Object ID list - but a Cost Object can have multiple responsible Users:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You can display your results horizontally by using a List instead of a Table and changing the Display attribute of the data item you want to display horizontally to Inline. The screenshot shows where to change that attribute.</p>
<p>
Bordihn
<p>Hi Pricher,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>thanks for the fast answer. The Idea with the List and changing the Display attribute to Inline worked well,</p>
<p>I just modified it so that everthing is now in one horizontal line/ row. Meaning I integrated the List into the table instead of using only the list. Results in as wished this:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
Bordihn
<p>Hi again,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a additional request: The list or row shall always been displayed even with no given results from the datasource. Right now for example disapears the complete row for RD.03 if no user is given (rare but possible), so that the user can´t even see if something is missing. The Data Set Preview show the result for it neither. I Tried some scripts for the list/ visibility without success. I guess I need to modify my Data Set? Any ideas about that?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance and best regards.</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Best way to do this is to work on the data set. The simplest approach is to design your data set as a left outer join, either in the SQL query if you are connecting to a database, or with a Joint Data Set in BIRT. In the attached sample (a new version of the sample I already sent), I have created 2 basic data sets, one for Customers and one for Orders, and joined them in a Joint Data Set on field CustomerNumber. The Left Outer Join will guarantee that a customer without an order will still be present in the row output.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope this helps,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
Bordihn
<p>Hi Pricher,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>your idea with the Joint Data Set worked pretty well, but now disapears my first column if the list value is missing. In your sample for example disapears the column "Blauer See Auto, Co." and the report just displays the city "Frankfurt" if the there are no given order numbers. So there just stands "Frankfurt" in one row.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I also tried to separate my list by commas and used a computed column with the Concatenate function,</p>
<p>but the report displays just all possible order numbers?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks a lot and best regards.</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The attached solution should work better.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What I did is bind the inner List to the LeftOuterJoin data set:</p>
<p>
Bordihn
<p>Hi Pricher,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I followed your steps but it doesn´t work yet. I bound the inner List to the LeftOuterJoin data set (I selected all columns) and added a filter - but I´m not quite sure why you choosed the CUSTOMERNUMBER for filtering.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Nevertheless I changed your filter into CUSTOMERNAME (like the first column and group on) and this seems also to work for your example. In my report however the Cost Object ID is still missing if the responsible user is also missing.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there also a way to edit the sample db, cause I would like to delete the ORDERNUMBER for "Bavarian Collectables Imports, Co." to see if the row still displays complete?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Best regards.</p>
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am a bit confused... The rptdesign I sent you does exactly what you were asking earlier, which is to display customer information (in our case Customer Name and City) even when the customer does not have orders, and when customers have orders, to display the order numbers horizontally.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If there is something I am missing, please let me know.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
Bordihn
<p>Hi Pricher,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I found the problem. My column furthest to the left (in my report the object ID, in your report the customername) hadn´t the correct Data expression, so it was still asking for the attribute from the regular Data Set instead of the correct attribute from the Joint Data Set.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If someone should have a similar problem - check the Preview Results of your Joint Data Set and review your displayed columns. Make sure to get the correct Data Expression within your report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Report works fine now. Thanks a lot and best regards.</p>