Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Trigger is not triggered??
meikel
Hi, I startet a trigger with
instsrv.exe MYTRIGGERNAME c:\reskit\srvany.exe
Thanks to w.o.
Than I edited the registry like written in the documentation.
Added a key "Parameters"
Added a value "Application" with "BLAH\iw-perl\bin\iwperl.exe"
Added a value "AppParameter" with "BLAH\bin\iwcreate.ipl BLAH\iw-perl\bin\iwperl.exe BLAH\httpd\iw-binMYSCRIPT.ipl"
Added a value "AppDirectory" with "BLAH\tmp"
Where BLAH is the iwhome folder.
Started the service with "net start MYTRIGGERNAME".
But when i now create files or directories, nothing happens.
My script works fine. I tested it. It only writes a random value into a file. (It's only a testscript).
Even, when I try with the value "iwat SyncModify BLAH\httpd\iw-bin\MYSCRIPT.ipl" nothing happens, when it modify a dcr.
It's really, really, really time critical.
Please help me, before i got a mental breakdown.
meikel
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Hopefully you managed to avoid the breakdown - but for future reference - I would recommend looking at "iwat" rather than "iwatpub", "iwatsub", etc.
"iwat" does not require the use of insrv or srvany - thus making it a lot easier to set up.
It does, however, require you to figure out the event string pattern you want to activate on - and to look for information in the command line arguments (
@ARGV)
rather than environment variables.
For my own personal experience, once "iwat" was released (4.5? 5.0? can't remember) I never used the older implementations again.... but that's me - some folks might have reasons for preferring the older utilties...
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)