Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
how to generate reports on customized attributes
pspravin
<p>Hi, I am new to BIRT but want to use it for customized reporting.</p>
<p>I am using Rational Team Concertv5.0.2 and have installed BIRT2.6.</p>
<p>I have created, "Data Source" (using Jazz data Source), and Data sets (based on Workitem_snapshot). But even after trying different ways, I a not able to generate report on customized attributes that my RTC has for e,g, enumerations, checkboxes, workitem list, user list, etc.</p>
<p>It shows me literals but not the actual value.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please assist.</p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pspravin
<p>Hi, I am new to BIRT but want to use it for customized reporting.</p>
<p>I am using Rational Team Concertv5.0.2 and have installed BIRT2.6.</p>
<p>I have created, "Data Source" (using Jazz data Source), and Data sets (based on Workitem_snapshot). But even after trying different ways, I am not able to generate report on customized attributes that my RTC has (for e,g, enumerations, checkboxes, workitem list, user list, etc.)</p>
<p>It shows me literals but not the actual values in the report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please assist.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Are there any user reference on steps on how to do this?</p>
JFreeman
<p>From what I can find, it looks like the Rational Team Concertv uses a modified version of BIRT which means we are going to have a harder time helping in this forums as there will be differences and we do not have an RTC environment.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It may be worthwhile to contact IBM about this since you are using their Rational Team Concertv product.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>On a side note, BIRT 2.6 is a really old version. I'm guessing this is the version bundled with RTC but you should be aware.</p>
pspravin
<p>IBM says that they don't support BIRT as its not there product.</p>
<p>You say you don't support, because you don't have RTC.</p>
<p>Not sure what is the right way. Without support, it becomes difficult to adopt any tool.</p>
JFreeman
<p>Can you attach a sample report you have created that is having the issue?</p>
<p>Where did you download your BIRT designer from that uses RTC?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I will do my best to try and help you out but without an RTC environment it will be difficult for me to test and replicate issues.</p>
pspravin
<p>Here is from where I downloaded and installed BIRT: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.team.reports.doc/topics/t_ccm_install_birt.html?lang=en'>http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.team.reports.doc/topics/t_ccm_install_birt.html?lang=en</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>This is the link I used to setup report: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/create-custom-reports-birt-rtc/'>http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/create-custom-reports-birt-rtc/</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Attached are the screenshots of my data sets and .rptdesign</p>
JFreeman
<p>As I suspected, it does appear there have been some significant customizations made to BIRT to be used with an RTC environment.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm a bit surprised IBM wont offer support since you are using a customized version of BIRT for their specific product.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>It looks like I may be able to get a trial of RTC for testing purposes. I will see if I can grab it and reproduce your issue.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I will let you know what I can find.</p>
pspravin
<p>It will be very helpful if you can assist. IBM has made it very clear that they wont.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You can install 60-day trial RTC. Download link: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/5.0.2'>https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/5.0.2</a></p>
;
JFreeman
<p>Thanks for the link.</p>
<p>Things are very busy on my end right now but I will do my best to download the trial and see what I can figure out.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I will let you know what I find.</p>