Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Changing defaults in output parameters when scheduling a job
CodeRookie
<p>Good morning, all! When scheduling a job, under the "Output" tab there is a choice to change how the document is handled if a previous version already exists (see pic). The default choice is "Create a new version", and the user is forced to pick "Replace the latest version" if they so desire. Unfortunately, our users are creating a storage nightmare by: A, not choosing to replace when they should be, and B, not picking a manageable archive policy (delete after 30 / 60 days). </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>That is going to require a modification to one of the Management Console's JSP pages as there are no user preferences or settings that can change the default.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I did a bit of digging and it looks like the output.jsp, located in the directory "./servletcontainer/mgmtconsole/jobs/newjobs", is probably going to be the file that needs to be modified.</p>
CodeRookie
<p>Jesse,</p>
<p>Thanks for the quick reply! Here is what I was able to find in Ouput.jsp:</p>
<p> </p>
<div><td colspan="2" nowrap="nowrap"></div>
<div><html:radio property="ifExists" value="replace" onclick="toggleVersion(this.form, false)"/></div>
<div><bean:message bundle="iportalResources" key="CB_REPLACE_LATEST" locale="<%= AcConstants.CURRENT_JAVA_LOCALE %>" /></div>
<div><span>   </span></div>
<div><html:checkbox property="keep" value="ON" onclick="toggleNVersions(this.form)"/></div>
<div><html:hidden property="stringKeep" /></div>
<div><bean:message bundle="iportalResources" key="CB_KEEP_LATEST" locale="<%= AcConstants.CURRENT_JAVA_LOCALE %>" /></div>
<div><html:text property="numVersions" size="5" maxlength="10" styleId="keepVersion"/></div>
<div><bean:message bundle="iportalResources" key="CB_VERSIONS" locale="<%= AcConstants.CURRENT_JAVA_LOCALE %>" /></div>
<div></td></div>
<div> </div>
<div>I'm guessing the change I need to make is contained within the above block of code. I'm waiting to hear back from a fellow IT team member to see if he has a testing "sandbox" for Actuate set up somewhere so that I can make changes and not break things (breaking things, although great for learning, is generally frowned upon....).</div>
<div>So, I'm just going to hang out and wait for his response. Thanks so much for your help. Have a great evening!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Scott</div>
JFreeman
<p>Definitely do not make any changes in a live environment to the JSP pages until you have thoroughly tested them in a sandbox/test environment.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When you do go to start making changes, be sure to make backups of any files you are modifying so it can be easily rolled back in case of issues.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Let me know if you have issues getting the change made once you have access to a test environment. I don't have an active iServer environment currently but I should be able to get one setup for testing if necessary.</p>