Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Internationalize Parameters in Error Messages
sibeee
<p>Hi</p>
<p> I am doing internationalization of Birt Reports. I am using Version 4.4.2. In the error message which I receive, when I submit without entering data, into the parameter field marked "Required", the parameter name is not getting internationalized. Please check the screenshot for better understanding. Except for the parameter name, rest of the message comes translated as I have the translated value for the Finnish locale in Messages_fi.properties.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> The parameter name is passed as an argument to Messages.properties.(Eg: birt.viewer.error.parameternotallowblank= The parameter "{0}" cannot be blank.). I have attached key to the parameter and it appears translated in parameter window. The problem is when the parameter name has to be shown in the error message window. Could you please help.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Sibi</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
kclark
<p>I *think* that the parameter showing like this is by design since it's being read from the rptdesign itself. The only way I can think of to convert the parameter name is to use a jQuery library like i18next, modify the jsp page that's responsible for rendering the error message, and convert it in there. I'll keep looking for solutions on my side and let you know if I find anything.</p>
sibeee
<p>Thank you Kristopher. I will also try experimenting on this.</p>