Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Grid Autosize
Fuigi
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I use Birt Professionnal and I want to have element side by side. So I create a grid.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I create two dynamic text one above and one under in the grid. And next I have a image.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But I can't resize the height of the grid as I want.</p>
<p>
I want to have the same size as my image cause I want change the color background, but I can't do what I want.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I join all I use in the report. And what I want in image (Banner).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you help for resize the grid ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>Select the grid, remove the height, and select "Can Shrink".</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Fuigi
<p>Thank for your reply but that don't work..</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't sucess to have a height less than 2,021.
</p>
<p> </p>
Clement Wong
<p>I'm not sure if I understand your requirements. I thought you wanted the grid to be of the same height as the image. If you remove the height, it will be dynamic.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Attached is the sample I ran (with OS BIRT 4.4.2).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If this is not what you are looking for, can you please clarify further?</p>
Fuigi
<p>Yes that what I want.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But I try your report, and that do this</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
Clement Wong
<p>Looks like you are viewing this with Internet Explorer? What version? As a test, can you please change the preview to use another browser? Can you save the HTML output?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I tested with Firefox, Chrome, and IE 9 (on Vista) and IE 11 (on Windows 7), and they all display as expected.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
Fuigi
<p>How save the html output ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I use IE 11, but I can't use another browser.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't understand why my file don't work but with your that work.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I check "Can Shrink", that the only thing change between the two document no ?</p>
Clement Wong
<p>To further assist you in troubleshooting this issue and trying to replicate this issue:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1. What version of BIRT Designer Professional are you running?</p>
<p>2. What version and build of Internet Explorer 11 do you have installed (Help > About Internet Explorer)?</p>
<p>3. What OS version, locale, etc... are you running?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>4. In BDP, can you please Run > View Report > In Web Viewer, and then in IE, File > Save As > (Web Archive .MHT) and attach the output?</p>
<p>5. In BDP, can you Run > View Report > As HTML, and then in IE, File > Save As > (Web Archive .MHT) and also attach the output?</p>
Fuigi
<p>1. The last version</p>
<p>2. V10.0.9200.17028</p>
<p> V update 10.0.1</p>
<p>3. I use Windows Server 2012</p>
<p> </p>
<p>4 and 5 in this zip.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Clement Wong
<p>The output of "grid.mht" doesn't look like the design I sent in <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/36691-grid-autosize/?p=136575'>post
#4</a>. So that we can compare the output from my environment with yours, can you please run that design and send the output from the HTML?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also, attached is the .MHT from the HTML output from my environment. If you open it from your machine, what does it look like?</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Fuigi
<p>If I run that or your report "grid_updated" that look good. But with mine report "grid" I don't sucess to have the same thing.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I check "Can shrink" nothing to change ?</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>If I run your .MHT that look good too.</p>
<p> </p>
Clement Wong
<p>It appears that you have not deleted the Height of the grid in your design. You can see the screenshot in my <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/36691-grid-autosize/?p=136532'>first
reply</a>. There is an empty value (above the Can Shrink checkbox). In your design and what I can make of the small screenshot you took, is that there is still a # there. Please remove any value that you have there. Then your report will be the same as my updated one.</p>
Fuigi
<p>Yes I saw that.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So I have test to remove the value but same.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>
Clement Wong
<p>Please attach your latest .rptdesign so that I can look further into this. On your end, you might want to compare the XML created from my design with yours to see if you find any differences.</p>