Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cannot open .rptdesign file in iHub
yinrayhu
<p>Hi guys,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have the following questions:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1. If I schedule a .rptdocument to run every day, the data won't change, right? Because the data is already in the report document, there won't be any access to my server.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>2. I use Opensource BIRT Designer 4.4.2 in Eclipse to build a .rptdesign in Mac OS X, and then use iHub F-type 3.1 in Windows to open the report design. However, I got this error message: "Report generation failed. Cause: Error happened while running the report." If I generate .rptdocument in Eclipse, I'm able to open it in iHub F-type.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Could anyone help? Thanks!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>(From my understanding, if I want to schedule a job to generate new reports periodically such that new data is included, I need to run .rptdesign. Please correct me if there are other ways.)</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>1. You are correct. The .rptdocument will always be the same since the data is stored in the .rptdocument.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>2. You will need to examine the log files to determine the case of the error when running the report. The log files should be located in the "./ihub/data/server/log" directory. If you can zip and attach your log files I can take a look.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>3. You are correct, you will need to schedule to .rptdesign in order to generate the report with the most recent data from the data source.</p>