Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Copying the BIRT viewer function to web application
felixmegion
<p>Hi!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am trying to use the BIRT-Viewer function in my web application. (By use I mean copy the exact birt report viewer function) I copied the web-xml contents and the webcontent folder of the BIRT runtime found in my server (apache-tomcat-7.0.61\webapps\Birt) and made this sample jsp file, together with an rptdesign file in my application.</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-html _linenums:1">
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1"%>
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/tlds/birt.tld" prefix="birt" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
<link href="css\bootstrap.min.css" rel="stylesheet">
<link href="css/defaultTheme.css" rel="stylesheet" media="screen" />
<link href="css\fixed-header-bootstrap.css" rel="stylesheet">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/chosen.css">
<script src="js/jquery-2.1.1.js"></script>
<script src="js/bootstrap.js"></script>
<script src="js/jquery.fixedheadertable.js"></script>
<script src="js/jquery.mousewheel.js"></script>
<script src="js/chosen.jquery.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
</head>
<body>
<birt:viewer id="birtViewer"
reportDesign="reportLog.rptdesign"
pattern="frameset"
height="450"
width="700"
format="html">
</birt:viewer>
</body>
</html>
</pre>
<p>When I open this JSP, I get a 404 Error, WebApp/frameset The requested resource is not available. What am I doing wrong?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My current solution is I copied the jsp file and the report design to apache-tomcat-7.0.61\webapps\Birt, which displays the report properly, and I do a </p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-html _linenums:1">
<iframe src="/Birt/reportSample.jsp" id="birtViewer" name="birtViewer" frameborder="0"
scrolling="no" class="reportframe"
style="height:600px;margin:0px;padding:0px;width:1100px;" />
</pre>
<p>on my web application and it displays properly. However, I intend (currently researching, also needs help with this) to change the query of the rptdesign based on some input in my web application (example: changing the where clause based on some input). I think that my current solution would not allow me to do that.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Where did you place the JSP in your web application?</p>
<p>It looks like the JSP page may not have the correct relative path for accessing the BIRT frameset within your application.</p>
felixmegion
<p>The sampleReport.jsp file is in the root folder of my application. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Well anyways, Instead of using this method to use the default BIRT viewer, I just changed the <birt:viewer>'s baseURL to redirect to the BirtViewerExample inside the server. If you know how I can avoid doing that (making my application independent), it will really help.</p>