Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Access extended credentials as part of doesUserExist() method of RSSE interface
divyani
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have implemented a RSSE custom adapter to which i need to pass an authentication token.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am generating the authentication token prior to JSAPI call (actuate.intialize()) and passing the token as an extended credential.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In the RSSE implementation, i need this authentication token as part of doesUserExist() method. Is there any way to access it?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance!</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>I believe the RSSE authenticate() method should get you the extended credentials value.</p>
divyani
<p>Thanks for your reply.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Yes. I do know that authenticate() can get the extended credentials value but i need it in the doesUserExist() method since doesUserExist() is being called first in the application flow. Inside the doesUserExist() method, we are making a call to the external application web service for which passing the authentication token is mandatory. So, i would like to know if there is any way in which we can pass this extended credential value over to the doesUserExist() method, something like setting it up in the request options, if possible.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance!</p>
<p> </p>
JFreeman
<p>Unfortunately, it does not look like it is possible.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you elaborate for me on what you are trying to accomplish with your RSSE/IPSE setup.</p>
<p>Perhaps there is another way to accomplish what you are trying to do.</p>
divyani
<p>I am implementing a RSSE custom adapter to log into iHub using the credentials of external application i.e., basically the authentication of iHub and authorization of the reports will be based on the external application's user and role information respectively.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In order to accomplish the above, I am passing the authentication token generated by external application via jsapi::authenticate() call as an extended credential to the RSSE implementation. I need this particular authentication token in the rsse::doesUserExist() method to check in the external application directory if the user who is trying to login exists or not.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would like to know if the above taken approach is right or not. If it is right then how can I access the authentication token in rsse::doesUserExist(). I would also like to know which rsse method [authenticate() or doesUserExist()] is called first in the flow when a jsapi::authenticate() call is made.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance!</p>