Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Cross Tab - Substract within a grand total
Steven Badal
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've been looking a long time for a solution. Can someone please help me with the following:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a birt report in which I have a crosstab. See attached image of how the data should be. What I want to do is substract <strong>SUB TOTAL A</strong> with <strong>SUB TOTAL B</strong> and present this in the <strong>Grand Total </strong>column. The problem is that the grand total does not have a substraction function.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any help would be appreciated.</p>
<p> </p>
<div> </div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p>Can you attach a sample report that demonstrates the issue so we can see your crosstab/cube setup?</p>
Steven Badal
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm using BIRT version 3.2.23.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>See attached for the sample report. The attachment is actually the real setup of the report. It contains 5 crosstabs with the same output and in all 5 of them I want to substract in the grand total. You can see the setup of any of the cube, the output is the same for all of them.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please let me know if I'm not clear enough.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance.</p>
JFreeman
<p>Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to do much with the sample since you are using an instance of MyEclipse for your report creation. In my standard Eclipse BIRT instance, I cannot run or do too much with a report created in MyEclipse.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>That said, you should be able to do what you are wanting to creating a sub total and grand total in the Column Area tab of the Cross Tab Property Editor.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Take a look at the attached sample report for reference on implementing this setup.</p>