Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Memory management - how to tell iHub to take more memory ?
egau
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm currently testing the solution and I need to challenge how iHub behaves with big data cube (from thousands lines to many millions rows). I will try that with datadesign then dataobject.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For now iHub seems to be limited to 3GB of physical memory or something like that but I have a server with 20GB of RAM, could someone please tell me where to configure the memory that iHub can take (xmx/xms I guess)</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Bonus question</strong> : If I understand well, with a datadesign, the request that defines the Cube will be executed each time I make a move on the dasboard and with a data object, the data are stored in a special object that iHub manage so there are no more SQL request on the database, is it right ? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Which iHub process are you seeing a 3GB limitation on?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any of the iHub's factory Java processes (jsrvrihub, jfctsrvrihub, etc.) are only limited by the maximum memory your JDK will allow to be allocated to the JVM. If you are using a 64bit JDK with iHub it should be able to go above 3GB.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regarding data objects and data designs, you are correct that data designs will query the data source each time they are used which means situations where dashboards are being edited could cause queries to happen repeatedly.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Where as, the data object is built like a columnar data store with all of the data contained within it. Therefore, you are correct again in that that using a data object will not trigger any SQL requests as the data is stored within the data object and not being pulled from the database.</p>
egau
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks for your answer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So for the memory management it's just that I see the portal not so responsive and I never reach memory usage above 4GB on the server so I guess something is limited. But if I understand you well it's not limited by any option ( xmx / xms or something like that ) so I guess I just have to try to load more data in a data object and check if the memory usage increase. </p>
<p> </p>
<ul><li>Is the whole data object loaded into memory as soon as you're using it in a dashboard and only if you have enough memory ?</li>
<li>Do you have some best practive on data object usage, for instance do not base a dashboard on more that 2 data object and never get a data object > XX MB or something like that ?</li>
</ul><p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance</p>
JFreeman
<p>There are max/min (xmx/xms) memory settings for the various processes on the iHub that can be adjusted.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>These settings are mostly located in the acserverconfig.xml for the various resource groups available on the iHub. There will be multiple templates in the acserverconfig.xml with different ranges of memory settings. Only 1 template will be in use at any given time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You can find which template your iHub is currently using in the acpmdconfig.xml.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I will see if I can dig up some documentation on best practices for data objects.</p>
egau
<p>Alright, thanks a lot.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm gonna check these parameters</p>