Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Selecting a datasource within cascading parameter set
Tony Gunter
<div> </div>
<div>
<div style="margin:0px;text-align:center;"> </div>
<div style="margin:0px;">
<div style="margin:0px 0px 5px;font-size:15px;">
<p>I am trying to use BIRT to report on multiple projects spread across the company, each with its own JAMA instance, each with its own JAMA database. My cascading parameter set is:</p>
<p>Project --> Release --> Test Plan</p>
<p>The user selects the project, and only the releases for that project are shown. User selects release, and only the testplans for that release are shown. Report works great for each database, now I need to tweak BIRT to allow the user to select which database.</p>
<p>How do I create a cascading parameter set such that the first parameter is the datasource, and the subsequent parameters display data from the datasource selected in the first parameter?</p>
<p>Database --> Project --> Release --> Test Plan</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I understand I can do this by wrapping the BIRT project in Java via the BIRT API, and passing in the datasource, but would rather avoid the extra layer since this is essentially complete except for this one parameter.</p>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Are the projects, releases, etc different depending on the data source?</p>
<p>How are you obtaining the values for the parameter lists?</p>
Tony Gunter
<p>Yes, each project group has its own JAMA silo with 3-4 projects being managed on it. So projects, releases, and test plans will all be different on each instance. I'm populating the cascading parameter list boxes with queries which are fed with input from the previous parameter.</p>
JFreeman
<p>I'm still not clear on exactly how you are populating the cascading parameter list which is going to be key in getting this working how you want.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is it possible for you to attach a sample report that demonstrates your configuration?</p>