Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt pdf report throwing IllegalPdfSyntaxException exception
Sujit Joshi
<p>Hi,</p>
<p><span style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:15px;">I have a report that displays fine in HTML output but throws the following exception when I select pdf</span></p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-">
com.lowagie.text.exceptions.IllegalPdfSyntaxException: Unbalanced save/restore state operators.
at com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfContentByte.sanityCheck(Unknown Source)
at com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfContentByte.toPdf(Unknown Source)
</pre>
<p><span style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:15px;">Im using Birt 4.4.1 which internally uses itext 2.1.7. Also Im using Birt in my webapp not in report viewer. I cannot give you the rptdesign file as it as sensitive info.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Im ready to give other info as long as it is not sensitive. </p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:15px;">Thanks. </span></p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Can you create a sample report based on classic models or a flat file data source that replicates this issue?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Are you using the out of the box PDF emitter?</p>
<p>Can you replicate this issue in the report designer as well?</p>
Sujit Joshi
<p>Hi,</p>
<p>I havent tried in report designer. I'll set it up today and verify. There is one tube chart in the report that might be causing it I guess because other pdfs run just fine. </p>
Sujit Joshi
<p>Unfortunately, I was not able to run the report in report designer becuase</p>
<p>1) They query we use is too complex. To be honest, I dont know which part of it is giving me the problem. </p>
<p>2) Reports are tightly integrated with our database. They can talk to our database only from with the app. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>But as I said earlier, i removed the tube chart from it and ran the report in pdf format. I didnt NOT get the issue. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Since we are upgrading from 2.6.1 to 4.4.1 I thought maybe if I create the chart from scratch, the issue might go away. But that didnt help. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any other suggestions?</p>
JFreeman
<p>Do you have any other report designs with a tub chart that render to PDF without the issue?</p>
<p>Can you create a sample report based on classic models or a flat file data source that replicates the issue?</p>
Sujit Joshi
<p>Hi JFreeman,</p>
<p>I know im late. but i was able to fix the issue by selecting JPEG instead of SVG in the designer. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks. </p>
JFreeman
<p>Thank you for the update.</p>
<p>I'm glad to hear you were able to get it resolved.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Let us know if you have additional questions.</p>