Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Convert string with date text to date format in BIRT table
pratikgala
<p>I have a Date which I retrieve as a string "Dec 20 2007" from my front end app and insert into a BIRT table.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Since the data type for this field is set as "Type: String" when I convert it to Date the table breaks and no data is visible in the Table. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>My ultimate goal is to sort the table by Date. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any solution to convert the string which is "Dec 20 2004" to date format in BIRT table. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks. </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>is it always in format MMM dd yyyy?</p>
pratikgala
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="mblock" data-cid="137059" data-time="1434126432">
<div>
<p>is it always in format MMM dd yyyy?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>
<p>Yes it is always in that format. </p>
micajblock
<p>Is is very simple, simply create a new data item with an expression like this:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
new Date(row["String Date"])</pre>
<p>Then you can sort on the new data binding. See attached example.</p>
pratikgala
<p>thanks this works beautifully, thanks genius</p>
micajblock
<p>Not a genius just experienced :-)</p>
Sjonneis
How can I see the image? Its not working for me.