Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic Text to put Row Numbers in a table
afishLM
<p>Is there a way to add a dynamic text field to a table that will show row numbers 1, 2, 3, etc... in the first column of a table?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>regular data item with the expression row.__rownum (2 '_')</p>
afishLM
<p>thank you. does this have to be a specific data type? I tried that but it causes an error in my report</p>
micajblock
<p>Integer. What version of BIRT are you using? Attached example with BIRT 4.4.</p>
afishLM
<p>I am on version 4.4; I used the exact setup you sent and this is still causing my reports to fail. Any other ideas why that might occur?</p>
micajblock
<p>Does my example work for you?</p>
afishLM
<p>Your example works but when I put the same setup in my report it does not.</p>
micajblock
<p>what is the error? can you attach your report?</p>
afishLM
<p>We determined that the issue was related to the use of our pre-built datamodels rather than a data set. thanks for your help!</p>
micajblock
<p>Yes, so a Data Model does not have a concept of a row. You can create a variable and increase it every row,m and display that variable. </p>