Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
webservice datasource problem
Arif shah
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My customer has provided my a wsdl url for getting data into web. When I create the datasource, the ping is successful. However, when I create the dataset, I cannot get the element list to map into my columns. If I put the same request in soapui, I can successfully get all the elements but birt does not seem to be detecting the element list</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can someone please guide me how to get the element list in birt dataset so that I can start working with those columns in the report</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Many Thanks</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Arif</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Depending on the structure of the WSDL, there are situations where the built in web service ODA has issues building the SOAP request properly for the web service.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My guess is this is what is happening for you.</p>
<p>To work around it, you can instead copy the request from SOAP UI into the designer to override the auto generated SOAP request.</p>
Arif shah
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Many Thanks. I have proceeded a bit further and now getting the response. However, the returned resultset is an xml script rather than list of columns. This is what I am getting in birt</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you please guide how to convert this xml into list of columns. One way to do was to copy the xml into a seperate file and use that as a datasource. That worked for me but this is kind of hardcoded. I need to directly fetch the data from the webservice</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there anyway to convert the returned xml into list of columns?</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>Arif</p>
JFreeman
<p>I answered your question in the other thread where you provided more specifics: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/36265-create-soapuiwsdlwebservices-data-sources-and-dataset-in-birt/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/36265-create-soapuiwsdlwebservices-data-sources-and-dataset-in-birt/</a></p>
;