Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Master pages headers and footers
android272
<p>how do I create a master page with headers and footers? When I run my report it takes in a blank report like this.</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-">
session.openDesign("Path/to/reports/test_report.rptdesign");
</pre>
<p>I modified this report with the designer and added some text to the master pages header and footer. ran the report and the text did not appear. is this not how you add headers and footers to Birt reports?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
android272
<p>never mind I just found out that we are no longer using the method that ran that code. Is there a way to add master pages/headers and footers programmatic?</p>
android272
<p>Does anyone know if I use a template.<span style="font-size:11pt;">rptdesign that has headers and footers already set if I can modify them or add to them later? I need to do everything programmaticly. If I can add and modify headers and footers without using a template.rptdesign file at all that would be beast. </span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:11pt;">I am really hating the birt report designer. The WYSIWYG is so good that 80% to 90% of all material tells you to just use the designer. I am a programmer I don't want to use the WYSIWYG I want to create reports </span><span style="font-size:14.6666669845581px;">dynamically</span><span style="font-size:11pt;"> and programmaticly.</span></p>
JFreeman
<p>As far as I know, you should be able to modify the header/footer of the master page through the design engine API.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you are wanting to modify it during runtime of the report, it has to happen during or before the beforeFactory stage in the generation phase.</p>