Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report parameter required according to another one
p.K
<p>Is there some way how can I dynamically change whether a report parameter is required (and hidden) according to another parameter?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would like to achieve that there will be radio button where user can choose between "period" and "year". If he choose period I would like to show two Date inputs otherwise only one Text input for required year.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><span><span>Please advise</span> me <span>how to </span></span>achieve that.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>In order to accomplish this, I think you are going to need to look into making a custom parameters page.</p>
<p>Take a look a this blog article on custom parameters for a starting point: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://blogs.actuate.com/custom-parameter-pages/'>http://blogs.actuate.com/custom-parameter-pages/</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>You could also look at making a report that will act like a parameters page and will call the actual report with a drill-through link. Here are a couple of examples I've made for going down that route:</p>
<p style="margin-left:40px;">1. <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/36585-filter-parameter-depending-on-value-of-another-parameter/?p=136638'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/36585-filter-parameter-depending-on-value-of-another-parameter/?p=136638</a></p>
;
<p style="margin-left:40px;">2. <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/36652-how-do-i-create-a-custom-parameters-page/?p=136883'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/36652-how-do-i-create-a-custom-parameters-page/?p=136883</a></p>
;