Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
MSSQL Stored procedure with output parameter
Chris22
<div>Hi all,</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I am using BIRT 3.7.1.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I have designed a report with one dataset. The dataset is calling a stored procedure with one input and one output parameter.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>When I run the report I get the following error:</div>
<div> </div>
<div>[sharedmedia=core:attachments:11894]</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The procedure returns both a result set and an output parameter. I can successfully preview the result set when I select dataset - preview results. However, preview Output Parameter gives me the same error.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I have noticed that when I remove the result set from the procedure, I can successfully pass the output parameter to the report. But when both a result set and an output parameter need to be returned, it fails.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Does anybody have any idea why is this happening? </div>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>As far as I know, BIRT should be able to handle both a result set and output parameter.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What JDBC driver are you using?</p>
Chris22
<p>I am using the following: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver(v1.3).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have found a workaround, integrating the output parameter in an additional column of the result set. However, ideally I should be able to use the output and the result set at the same time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I forgot to mention that the output parameter is set to "Integer", both in BIRT and in the sql procedure. Don't really know if this could be the case.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks JFreeman</p>
JFreeman
<p>Is it possible for you to attach the report?</p>
<p>Also, is it possible for you to test with a different JDBC driver such as the official Microsoft JDBC driver for MS SQL Server?</p>
Chris22
<p>I am afraid it is not possible to attach the report for security reasons.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But I will try to test with a different JDBC and let you know! Thanks</p>