<p>I've been trying to get the <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/506-sample-birt-scripted-data-source-example/'>Sample BIRT Scripted Data Source Example</a> to work and am having a problem somewhere but I can't figure out where! Hopefully someone can help because this is driving me mad.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Firstly, I'm using Actuate BIRT Designer Professional (v4.4.0). I created a new Java project and put the SimpleClass file inside of the src folder and built the project with compiler set to JDK 1.6 compliance. In the Build path I have the JRE system library [jdk1.6.0_16]. No errors here, the SimpleClass.Class file was successfully created and if I run the Java file as a java project it outputs correctly to the terminal.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Next I created a Birt project and copied the ScriptedDatasourceExampleAfter.rptdesign into a reports folder I created. Under BIRT Actuate in the properties for the new project I added the bin folder of the SimpleClass Project to the Classpath. Saving the file says that it will update it as it was created with an older version of BIRT which I did.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This is where I run into problems, I go to test it by previewing the results of the Favourite Data Set but it continually returns 0 records, saying 0 Records found.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>As far as I can tell everything else is correct but I still get no output.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any ideas??</p>