<p>Hi, everyone!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So I need a little help, I want to use JSON data that I get from Web Services or just from an URL as my data source. And I've been able to do that with this plugin (<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/899-rest-api-oda-plugin-for-birt/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/899-rest-api-oda-plugin-for-birt/</a>) and it works, but I needed to pass some parameters trough the HTTP request which is my data source, and even though I'm sure that my property binding expression was correct it never worked, and I think the plugin never actually checks for the property binding for the data source. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>That service can provide response in XML so I switched to that using BIRTs native XML from URL support, and my property binding expression (which was basically the same JSON one only had "JSON" as a part of its string) everything worked.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So my question is, has anyone managed to pass report parameter through this plugin HTTP REQUEST field, and if not, I need help writing a script to parse json data from url as I'm not exprienced in Java.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance,</p>
<p>Aleksandar</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.S. It actually has to be JSON because this web service is just a test, I will be only working with JSON files.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>EDIT: I searched this website for an answer before and found this but I can't make this even closely work. <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/35221-open-json-data-from-an-url/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/topic/35221-open-json-data-from-an-url/</a></p>