Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Question about setting up Users and User Groups
CodeRookie
<p>Good morning, all! We are in the process of upgrading from iServer to iHub 3.1. Currently, I have the full (licensed) version of 3.1 installed on a box residing on my desk for testing. The question I have is:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If I set up User Groups (basically setting up the same groups we now have in iServer) on the test box, when we go for the full enterprise installation in a few weeks, can the User Groups just be copied over from my test installation without having to go through the process of setting them up from scratch?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance for any info! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a great day!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Scott</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CodeRookie
<p>I think I need to be a bit more specific on the topic......Looking at iServer, we have Notification Groups (Accounting, Sales,etc....), which have individual Users assigned to them. Our Users are defined by their Active Directory system logins (i.e. nbxxxx where the first three 'x's are the first three letters of the last name, and the fourth 'x' is the first letter of the first name. Mine is nbstas). So, I think I need to ask if I set up the Notification Groups on my test box, can those be copied over when we go to the full deployment.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Scott</p>
JFreeman
<p>There are a few different solutions depending on your configuration and needs.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is your current installation configured with an RSSE to externalize the users/groups to your Active Directory or are your users/groups created/maintained locally on the iHub/iServer?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If it is externalized, the users/groups should be auto populated once the RSSE is configured on the new environment.</p>
<p>If it is configured locally on the iHub, then there are some different options depending on your needs.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Are you wanting to migrate everything (users, groups, folders, reports, etc) to be exactly the same?</p>
<p>Or are you only wanting to migrate users/groups and not move everything else?</p>
CodeRookie
<p>Jesse,</p>
<p>Hi! I just talked to one of the other members of our IT team (whom was here when we installed iServer), and he said that the users / groups are created / maintained locally on iServer, but authentication is done through Active Directory.</p>
<p>Anyway, he said when it comes time to do the swap, we can just create a CSV file with the needed information (users / groups) and get it swapped over with a .jar file as the transferring facilitator. Will have to see what we want to do with folders / reports, as we want to clean up / downsize on the report end of things.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p>Scott</p>
JFreeman
<p>Thank you for the update.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am guessing he is referring to utilizing the Information Delivery API (IDAPI) in the referenced .jar file. That is the recommendation I was going to make for the situation where you do not want to migrate everything so it seems like we are on the same page.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Let us know if you have any additional questions.</p>