Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Using retry for <externaltask>
sleepyd
I have an externaltask that has multiple successorsets. I'd like to use the retry attribute of this task, but I'm unsure how to specify which of the successorsets corresponds to failure, so that the retry will be triggered correctly.
The convention I've observed is that a callback value of 0 signals success. My problem is that I have many different callback values that correspond to success, and only one that corresponds to failure:
<externaltask name="NAME"
description="DESCRIPTION"
owner="OWNER">
__INSERT__("<areavpath v='$iw_workarea'/>");
<successors>
<successorset description="ReturnCode0">
<succ v="SUCCESS_PATH_0"/>
</successorset>
<successorset description="ReturnCode1">
<succ v="SUCCESS_PATH_1"/>
</successorset>
<successorset description="ReturnCode2">
<succ v="SUCCESS_PATH_2"/>
</successorset>
<successorset description="ReturnCode3">
<succ v="FAILURE"/>
</successorset>
</successors>
__INSERT__(get_external_task_cmd("$iwhome", "externaltask.ipl", "$iw_role"));
<activation>
<pred v="PREDECESSOR"/>
</activation>
</externaltask>
If I configure this as follows (accepting the default retry=t), then will a callback value of 1 (which should indicate success and trigger SUCCESS_PATH_1) be interpreted as failure?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I don't know if you ever got information about this - but the 'retry' functionality only applies if the TeamSite server was unable to initiate the process to run the script in the first place - it does *not* get applied to re-running a script if the script ran and exited for some reason.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
sleepyd
Yes, Interwoven Support came through for me on this one and gave me the same answer you provided. Thanks for the response!