Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Parameter list too long
hatra
<p>Hi all,</p>
<p>I have a requirement to design a report with long list of parameter value over 100.</p>
<p>Does anyone have a solution or a example report from sample db to group the parameter in a categories?</p>
<p>ie: Group them into 10 categories ( cascading param)</p>
<p>and then get 10 on to second param? or any better solution?</p>
<p>thanks</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
pricher
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you give a bit more detail on what you are trying to accomplish here? A sample of the parameter values, maybe? Having a 100 or so values in a list doesn't seem excessive.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.</p>
hatra
<p>Hi sorry I havent yet developed it, but here is more explanation;</p>
<p>I have a parameter list of countries.</p>
<p>since list of value from parameter is too long I was to categorise it by lets say alphabetic order.</p>
<p>So I want to creat a cascading param where I have values like A-C, D-F, G_I etc in my first param,</p>
<p>and when I select A-B from first param the second param should only show countries starting with A,B, C, , this is my theory.</p>
<p>basicly my param list is too long and not easy for the user to read through all, so I want to categories it to smaller peace.</p>
<p>hope this is a little more clearer</p>
micajblock
<p>In commercial Actuate BIRT we have a parameter type using 'Auto Suggest' (think typing in to Google). Using OS BIRT you would need to either implement such technology or use categories as you suggest. </p>
hatra
<p>Thanks mblock,</p>
<p>I think we ant able to do the OS BIRT sadly .</p>
<p>I seems to have a little issue with this category theory, have you come across this or have a sample somewhere I can take a look.</p>
<p>cheers</p>
micajblock
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
hatra
<p>Actuate BIRT Designer Prof</p>
<p>Version 11.0.4</p>
micajblock
<p>But you said that you need OS BIRT. Please explain.</p>
hatra
<p>We are not able to do or implement OS BIRT.</p>
<p>So I have to go via the Category theory, I ask if you have a sample in this way I would be gald to take a look</p>
micajblock
<p>If you are using Actuate BIRT I would use Auto Suggest see attached example.</p>
hatra
<p>Cheers will do, I just think our client wont know what to look unless to see the value. But thank i will take a look.</p>
<p>will you be able to attache the report dependency too please ( I think there is a library, Modern table etc)</p>
<p>Thanks</p>
micajblock
<p>It should be part of your default installation, but here it is in any case.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.S. If you remove the dependency you will just lose the look and feel.</p>
hatra
<p>Thanks mblock</p>
hatra
<p>Hi mblock,</p>
<p>I have tried the sample report you sent, not getting the suggestion, not sure if it is our installation or something I do wrong?</p>
micajblock
<p>Run the report, in the parameter, start typing 'A", then you will get a list of customers starting with A</p>
hatra
<p>Hey,</p>
<p>Tried it but nothing apears.
</p>
micajblock
<p>Works for me. What happens when you go to Help/About. What version does it say there.</p>
hatra
<p>11.0.4</p>
<p>got it working cheers</p>
micajblock
<p>What is the build number?</p>
micajblock
<p>OK, so I installed your version and it still works. Attached design I built on your version and screenshots of</p>
<ol><li>version I used</li>
<li>What happens when I type 'A'</li>
</ol>
hatra
<p>Hi, it is working cheers, buld number 20121023</p>