Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Adding HideRule to CellHandle
carloal
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would like to add an hiding rule to a cell in my Grid using Java API.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I extract the CellHandle from my GridHandle and I have tried to retrieve the propertyHandle for "visibility" but it seems there is none.</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
final CellHandle gridCell = (CellHandle) gridRow.getCells().get(i);
gridCell.getContent().add(content);
final HideRule hideRule = StructureFactory.createHideRule();
hideRule.setFormat(DesignChoiceConstants.FORMAT_TYPE_ALL);
hideRule.setExpression(expression);
final PropertyHandle property = gridCell.getPropertyHandle(ReportItem.VISIBILITY_PROP); //no such property Handle
property.addItem(hideRule); //NullPointer
</pre>
<p>I can retrieve the property handle from content but then I have an empty space in my report (probably something like the content is hidden but the cell is still there and take place?)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any suggestions?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>Are you trying to hide the cell at runtime based on a specific condition?</p>
<p>You may want to look at dropping the cell instead of hiding it.</p>