Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Need help with Page break interval
Sathia
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Requirement:</p>
<p>I have a requirement to display the Date, Day of week and a series of time at the start of every page(page header). The value of these 3 changes for every page and need to be calculated before printing it on the top of the page. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>My design approach:</p>
<p>I tried to implement the requirement the following way. I created a table and placed the Date, Day of week and the time in the detail row. (The data to be displayed is added in the next detail row). I added a counter and incremented it for every record. Added a visibility condition to show the row when the counter becomes 40. (40 is based on the fact that the default page break interval is 40). I reset the counter after it reaches 40. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Problem:</p>
<p>When I ran the report, I saw that BIRT does not print exactly 40 rows in every page. It prints a little less which is resulting in my page header appearing as the 2nd or 3rd record of the page instead of being the header. When the records printed are more in a page, the header is printed at the bottom of the previous page instead.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you please let me know if I am doing something incorrect here? Please let me know some design approaches to implement this requirement.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>P.S: I am unable to upload a sample rptdesign right now to showcase the problem. Please let me know if you need any further details. Would greatly appreciate if you could help me on this issue.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks a lot. </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The best thing would be if you could create a sample report based on classic models or flat file to demonstrate the behavior. It's hard from just the description to tell what is happening.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If a sample cannot be provided, can you provide screenshots that show the behavior?</p>