Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT 4.5 Java 8 compliant
Murugapiran Natan
<p>My company is exploring the possibility if using BIRT 4.5 for our reporting requirements. We have strict guideline to use only Java 8 on all our new development initiatives. Is BIRT 4.5 Java 8 complaint?</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Murugapiran Natan
<p>There are no replies to the above question. It means nobody is sure BIRT 4.5 will work with Java 8. I hope someone from Actuate can help here. For example Spring always say we are Java 8 complaint. </p>
JFreeman
<p>As far as I know 4.5 should work with Java 8.</p>
<p>However, I am not sure that every possible deployment scenario with Java 8 has been tested but I do know of multiple users using BIRT 4.4.2 with Java 8.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The commercial offering of the Professional designer and iHub installation are both Java 8 compliant and ship with a bundled Java 8 JDK.</p>