Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Run report for each value of a parameter
Patrick Schaefer
<p>Hi all,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have a report that delivers a lot of information on a client specified by a parameter.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The report works fine, the issue is there are several hundred clients I would like to run the report for. So is there a simple way within BIRT that will allow me to do this? The parameter is selected by a dropdown populated from a database and I would ideally like to see something like outputting a pdf where each page is the same report for a different client.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any insight would be helpful! Right now I can only run the report manually per client, and as I said there are way too many clients for that to be reasonable</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Patrick Schaefer
<p>So, after I took a break from my frustrations and came back I found out about subreports, which does mostly what I want.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://help.eclipse.org/mars/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.birt.doc/birt/sub-BuildingARptThatContainsSubreportsIntro.html'>Here
is a link to a tutorial</a> in case anyone else finds this whilst having the same issue I did</p>
JFreeman
<p>Thanks for the update and providing the solution you found for your issue.</p>
<p>I'm glad to hear you got it working.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Let us know if you have any additional questions.</p>