Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
404 error adding iHub to Designer
Jamie Pepper
<p>Hello,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have the iHub Trial edition VMWare image installed and was trying to add a server to BIRT Designer and every time I try to add it it gives me a 404 error.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm using the IP address and port that shows as the iportal login for the VMWare image for iHub and do not have a proxy involved and BIRT Designer is allowed in my Windows Firewall.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've tired both the Server and Cloud Server dropdown using my iPortal URL as the 'Cloud Server' URL to no avail. The documentation for this doesn't provide much beyond what I've already tried to do.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any guidance is appreciated!</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>I've not had a chance to use the newest VMWare image yet but I am currently downloading it for testing.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My first thought is that the firewall is running on the image which is blocking the connection.</p>
<p>I don't recall if the image is using CentOS 6.x or 7.x. There is a difference in the firewall used between the versions.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In 6.x, to turn off the firewall for testing, you can use:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-nocode">
service iptables stop </pre>
<p>In 7.x, to turn off the firewall for testing, you can use:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-nocode">
systemctl stop firewalld
</pre>
<p>Try the firewall and see if it works.</p>
<p>I will test on my end once I get the image downloaded.</p>
Jamie Pepper
<p>Thanks Jesse,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I executed the iptables stop (the VMWare image is CentOS 6.5) but it's still kicking back the 404 on me from the client when I try to add it as a server.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Let me know what you're able to find out!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Jamie</p>
JFreeman
<p>I think I see what is happening now.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When you are creating the server profile in the designer, do no make a cloud server profile. Instead make a standard server profile and modify the "Server" field that is auto-populated with "localhost" to your VM's IP address.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>If you have added a password for the Administrator user, provide that password as well.</p>
Jamie Pepper
<p>Hi Jesse,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I used the standard Server option and put the IP of my VMWare iHub instead of localhost and set the port to 8700 and used 'administrator' as the username and it still comes back with a 404. I have my VMWare image on a different host than my Designer client. Does it need to be on the same system?</p>
JFreeman
<p>Leave the port as the default of 8000 instead of changing it to 8700.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Port 8000 is the listening port for SOAP messages and that is how the designer will communicate the the iHub.</p>
Jamie Pepper
<p>That was it, thanks!</p>
JFreeman
<p>You're welcome.</p>
<p>Let us know if you have any additional questions.</p>