Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
get chart type in onContentUpdate
jyothsna.tummala
<p>Hi Team,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have report which contains line chart,pie chart and bar chart.I just want to enable/disable some interactive viewer features according to chart type.Any workaround or example for achieving this functionality.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Jyothsna.</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>What version are you using?<br>
Could you please provide more details on what you are wanting to have enabled/disabled depending on chart type?</p>
<p>To be clear, you are referring to the interactive viewer in the commercial releases such as iHub?</p>
jyothsna.tummala
<p>Hi Jesse,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using iHub 3.1,version 4.4.</p>
<p>Yes,I am referring to the Interactive Viewer features.Based on the chart type, I want to disable some of the Interactive viewer features related to that particular chart.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards,</p>
<p>Jyothsna.</p>
Clement Wong
<p>We would need additional clarification on your requirements. Is there more specifics on what you would like to disable?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Interactivity is provided by the "Interactive Viewer" and also via the HTML5 charts themselves. So we would like more details, and the scenarios. For example, "I would like to have a Bar Chart's legend to not hide elements when I click on each of the legend items."</p>
jyothsna.tummala
<p>Hi Clement,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am talking about the Interactivity provided by the "Interactive Viewer".Do not have any concerns about the interactivity provided by HTML5 charts.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>when we run the report,the report is rendered and displayed in Actuate viewer.There,we have an option to enable interactivity. After enabling interactivity,report is editable to perform the interactive features.Elements which we used in the report would be having their own interactive viewer options specific to themselves(Table has different options,charts have other options..etc.)...I just want to play with those features enable/disable...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My requirement is,i want to play with the Interactive options provided by Chart element.<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Based on the chart type, I want to disable some of the Interactive viewer features related to that particular chart.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span>Thanks in Advance.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span>Regards,</span></p>
<p><span>Jyothsna.</span></p>
Clement Wong
<p>Typically, you control the IV options based on role, and via the iv_config.xml found in the Information Console's WEB-INF directory.<br><br>
However, to control those specific options for each element at that low level will require modifying JS and .JSP files, and some are compressed and obfuscated.</p>