Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT Report times out after 60 seconds on Tomcat
Anshuman Khemka
<p style="font-size:15px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">I am using BIRT reports on a tomcat server with MySQL as database. The report has multiple datasets and takes a long time to fetch all the data. The report works fine (though it takes a long time) in the eclipse viewer. However, when deployed in tomcat, the query times out after approx. 60 seconds and I see a blank page instead of seeing the report. There are no errors in the catalina logs.</p>
<p style="font-size:15px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Another report with a smaller query works fine without any issues.</p>
<p style="font-size:15px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">It looks to be a time-out issue, but where do I set/change the timeout.</p>
<p style="font-size:15px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Also, I have not set any query timeout in any of the datasets of my birt reports.</p>
<p style="font-size:15px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Thanks in advance</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>What version of BIRT are you using?</p>
<p>Are you using the sample birt-viewer deployed to your tomcat to view the reports?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>There is a viewer timeout setting named viewer.session.timeout in the viewer.properties located in the WEB-INF of the birt-viewer.</p>
<p>What is this set as in your environment?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>There is also a session-timeout that can be set in the web.xml for tomcat.</p>
<p>I would also check and see if this is set in your environment.</p>