Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Passing Multiple values in a Parameter
Saranya
<p>Dear All,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want to pass a parameter in the In clause. I need to key in the values in the parameter text box as shown below format.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>P124,T300,E234,D844</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Mostly the count of the values that I give would be around 50 - 100 records.</p>
<p>Can someone help me here on how can I give those values in the parameter test box</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>You will need to manipulate the string as the IN clause will require quotes. The DevShare has a similar solution and should give you an idea. </p>
<p> </p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/722-using-a-multivalue-parameter-in-a-in-clause/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/722-using-a-multivalue-parameter-in-a-in-clause/</a></p>
;
Saranya
<p>Thank you. I tried this and it worked for me too. But this works only when I have a dynamic dataset created and with this solution ,i will only be able to select multiple options which are there in the parameter selection.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>In my case I would like to give more than 1 input value in the parameter text box and the above solution suggested is not working for that.</p>
micajblock
<p>It is exactly the same thing. The only difference is you need to convert the comma delimited string to an array first. See attached example.</p>
Saranya
<p>Great.. Thank you so much. It worked out for me
</p>
zer0
<p>Thanks to this post its save my day . thanks again
</p>