Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Change version BIRT for report file
mikaru
<p><span><span>Hello</span> <span>I come to you</span> <span>because</span> <span>I want to understand</span> <span>how to</span> <span>make a</span> <span>file migration</span> <span>report </span><span>created</span> <span>with</span> <span>version 3.7.1</span> <span>or 4.2.2</span> <span>to go</span> <span>to version</span> <span>4.5</span> <span>of</span> <span>BIRT</span><span>.</span><br><span>Regards.</span></span></p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JFreeman
<p>All you will need to do is open the report with the 4.5.0 BIRT Designer and then re-save it.</p>
<p>You could also achieve this using the 4.5.0 Design Engine API to open and re-save the report.</p>
mikaru
<p>"You could also achieve this using the 4.5.0 Design Engine API to open and re-save the report."</p>
<p> </p>
<div>
<div> </div>
</div>
<div>
<div> </div>
</div>
<div>
<div><span><span>how I do</span> <span>this part</span><span>?</span></span></div>
</div>
JFreeman
<p>Something similar to the following should do the trick:</p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint _lang-js">
DesignConfig config = new DesignConfig();
config.setBIRTHome("C:/BIRT_Runtime");
Platform.startup(config);
IDesignEngine engine = null;
IDesignEngineFactory factory = (IDesignEngineFactory) Platform.createFactoryObject(IDesignEngineFactory.EXTENSION_DESIGN_ENGINE_FACTORY);
engine = factory.createDesignEngine(config);
SessionHandle session = engine.newSessionHandle(ULocale.ENGLISH);
ReportDesignHandle reportDesignHandle = session.openDesign("C:/path/to/report.rptdesign");
reportDesignHandle.saveAs("C:/path/to/report.rptdesign");
</pre>