Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Setting the page number other than 1.
jsekhon
<p>I have a requirement which states the user will be able to enter the starting page number for the report.</p>
<p>I want the report to start from page number 7, As we have some inserts which are mailed to the customer along with the report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Jaslin Sekhon</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
<p>Don't use the auto text. <span style="color:rgb(31,73,125);">Use a plain text control as described in this DevShare</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:#1f497d;"><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/453-simple-page-n-of-m/'>http://developer.actuate.com/community/forum/index.php?/files/file/453-simple-page-n-of-m/</a></span></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p><span style="color:#1f497d;">Your code should look something like this:</span></p>
<pre class="_prettyXprint">
this.text = "Page " + pageNumber + params["startPageNumber"].value - 1;</pre>
Archana Karnik
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am developing a report in BIRT 4.3.2.</p>
<p>I have one disclaimer at the beginning of the report (page 1). The visibility of this page is based on the condition. </p>
<p>If the flag is true then show disclaimer else directly data page.</p>
<p>Whenever the disclaimer is shown, that page should not be counted in pageNumber or in totalPage.</p>
<p>and the page numbering should start from data page with 1.</p>
<p>(i have 2 different Master Pages for disclaimer and data)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I tried subtracting 1 from variable pageNumber based on the flag condition but it is not working.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please guide.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance,</p>
<p>Archana</p>
micajblock
<p>Where an how are you subtracting? What version of BIRT are you using. Please provide more details.</p>
Archana Karnik
<p>Hey,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I used grouping logic shared on the forum and it worked
</p>