Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
View Report - operation not available
nishant_mintri
<p><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(244,244,244);">In Report Design perspective the preview tab is not showing up and view report operation is not available. When I create a new report and click on finish, I get the following error message:</span><br><br><br><b>Plug-in org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.preview.web was unable to load class org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.actions.PreviewToolbarMenuAction.<br><br>
Could not create action delegate for id: org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.actions.PreviewToolbarMenu<br><br>
Error Message:Plug-in org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.preview.web was unable to load class org.eclipse.birt.report.designer.ui.preview.editors.ReportPreviewFormPage.<br><br>
Error Code:Error.GUIException.invokedByUnexpectedException</b></p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm using Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 4.3.2 and JDK 1.7</p>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
RRK
<p>Did you try to using "OpenText Actuate Analytics Designer". It gives more features as creating dashboards as well.</p>
nishant_mintri
<p>I need to use <span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 4.3.2 only. Is there any way to fix this issue and make it work?</span></p>
JFreeman
<p>From the menu at the top of the designer, can you select Run -> View Report -> In Web Viewer ? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Has the designer worked for you previously?</p>
RRK
<p>Please find attached screen shot which will show how we can run BIRT report.</p>
<p> </p>
JFreeman
<p>And that does work?</p>
<p>If so, that is how you should run the reports.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Using that menu to launch into your actual web browser is the better than using the built in preview tab. It is a more accurate representation of the output when the report is published to the server.</p>
nishant_mintri
<p>When I click on "View report" it says "the chosen operation is not current available".<br>
Please see the attachments.</p>
JFreeman
<p>Can you attach the error log from your designers work space?</p>
<p>It should be located in the .metadata directory and labeled .log.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Did the View Report menu every work for you in the designer?</p>
nishant_mintri
<p>I have copied the content of .log to log.txt and attached it.</p>
JFreeman
<p>Interesting, I am seeing illegal argument exceptions and class def not found exceptions related to the bundled viewer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Did you get any errors when download/extracting the designer?</p>
<p>Did it work previously?</p>
<p>Have any changes to the installation been made?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I would recommend downloading the designer again and verifying the checksum of the download before extracting/running.</p>
nishant_mintri
<p>No errors while downloading/extracting.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm facing this issue with Kepler(4.3.2) and Mars(4.5.0) from the beginning.<br>
I have tried with both Java 1.7 and 1.8.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I downloaded it again and verified the checksum value before extracting. Its is matching with the original value on the download page.<br>
</p>
JFreeman
<p>What operating system are you using and is it 32 or 64 bit?</p>
<p>Are you using a 32 or 64 bit JDK?</p>