Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Master page does not increment page number
jsekhon
<div>if(pageNumber != 1){</div>
<div>this.getStyle().backgroundColor = "BLACK";</div>
<div>}</div>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Clement Wong
<p>What type (commercial or OS) of BIRT, and what version are you using (3.7.2, 4.4.2, 4.5, etc...)?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Do you have a sample the replicates the issue?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Attached is a design that is working. Look at the <em>onRender </em>event of the master page's grid row.</p>
jsekhon
<p>I am using 4.4.0</p>
jsekhon
<p>Works in the webview only. Does not work in pdf.</p>
Clement Wong
<p>So you are using BIRT Designer Professional 4.4.0 (iHub3)?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I downloaded your design file, but have removed it from your post and my computer since it contained your potentially sensitive database info/credentials. I was unable to run your design in my environment so I could not replicate what you are seeing?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Did you run my previously attached sample? With that design in my BIRT Designer Professional, I see the expected results in both the web viewer and PDF output views. I also ran it in OS BIRT 4.4.2, and saw the same expected results.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can you please attach a PDF output of my sample design from your environment?</p>
jsekhon
<p>I have attached the pdf. I am using BIRT Luna 4.4.0</p>
<p>It works in BIRT Designer Professional .</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Your sample report works in both the above versions.</p>
<p>What is going on.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am using the same code as your sample.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>2) Second. Page break is flaky. We have one run and render tasks function for pdf generation.</p>
<p> I am using separate master pages to force a page break.</p>
<p>It works fine locally on the designer. But running reports from application we see page break is flaky.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Jaslin Sekhon</p>
Clement Wong
<p>Please send me a sample where it is not working and that I can run in my environment.</p>