Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwpublish
wmh
Good day all.
I am having trouble getting the iwpublish command to work. As an external task there are no results, and when I execute it as a command line I get the usage text back
My command line is listed below:
../iw-home/bin/iwpublish -g /default/main/branch STAGING
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
What version of TeamSite are you using ? Solaris/Windows ?
iwpublish usage:
Usage:
iwpublish -g [-w|-s|-i] [-f] vpath area comment [ownerid]
iwpublish [-a] [-w|-s|-i] [-f] vpath area edition comment [ownerid]
where vpath is in the form //server/archive{[/branch]+}
that specifies a branch.
and area is either a workarea or STAGING
-g generate edition name based on last edition name
-w override conflicts
-s skip conflicts and files locked in another area
-f fail publish if there have been no changes since last publish
-a autogenerate edition name on name collision (*Obsolescent*)
-i same as -w option: override conflicts (*Obsolescent*)
I think you are missing the comment which is required. Also I would give the full path to iw-home rather than "../iw-home".
You can avoid hardcoding the absolute path by using
use TeamSite::Config;
my $iwhome = TeamSite::Config::iwgethome();
Hope that helps
wmh
it is 5.5.2
I was missing the comment field. It appears to be working now. Thank you for the prompt help.